Friday, December 13, 2013

Lil' coffee shop chuckle

Think Kit Day 13: What Made You Laugh?

When did you laugh out loud? Share a funny or humorous story from this year.

---

The telekinetic coffee shop prank was pretty awesome. It's really a promo for the "Carrie" remake that hit theatres a couple months ago, but it's still great.


The patrons' reactions are priceless. One of my favorite comments when I first saw the video was "That dude didn't even drop his bagel!" My other favorite person is the lady in green who backs away doing a chirpy little scream while continuing to shoot video of the scene. Had I been there, I can guarantee I would have been swearing and likely would've made a Chi-sized hole in the wall getting the F out. No latte for me, thanks! Off to the nunnery!

I tend to think of New York as being a place where pranks wouldn't freak the average resident out, given the high volume of actors, experimental theatre vanguards, and general quirkiness of folks in and around La Grosse Pomme. But everything I know of New York comes from TV and movies, which means writers can sustain themselves on part-time jobs, apartments are big enough to host roller skate parties, and it's easy to find a nice place to live that doesn't cost more than $700/month to rent. With all of that fiction swirling about, it's easy to believe in telekinesis, no?

p.s. I think it's fitting that I'm posting this on Friday the 13th.

No comments: