Friday, December 13, 2013

Getting used to something different

Think Kit Day 12: Something New!

Try something totally different. Take a new route to work. Make up a new recipe. What did you come up with?

Over the summer, I was out one day and saw a Peapod grocery delivery truck. When I got home, I looked up their site and found out they actually deliver around the city. I had been close to the interstate and assumed the truck was preparing to leave Indy. I set myself up for disappointment. We don't deliver in your area. It's cost prohibitive to order from us. We haven't heard of hummus. Thankfully, I was wrong on all counts. 

I really enjoy grocery delivery, both because it's easy and because I hate going to the grocery alone. Placing orders is super easy and the delivery drivers are some of the most smiley, chatty guys ever. I've only had one order arrive late and even then it only got here 20 minutes after it was supposed to. I can order food and household supplies, which means receiving my order is like opening the door to the Diet Coke fairy. Who also brought me a tub of pine nut hummus and some dish soap.

Ordering groceries isnt a huge deal, but I'm good at working myself into a guilty lather because I'm not driving to Aldi or Marsh and lugging everything home myself as I did for years and years. I then reasoned that Peapod is not called Grocery Delivery for Parents of Newborns or Grocery Delivery for People Who Work 60 Hours a Week or even Grocery Delivery for People Who Seem to Have Their Lives Put Together Better Than You. It could, however, be called Grocery Delivery for People Who Need To Get Over Themselves. But that wouldn't fit on the side of the truck very easily.

No comments: