Friday, April 22, 2016

Stars, Lost (A to Z Blogging Challenge, Day 19)

Yesterday, I watched Begin Again, which had been in my Netflix queue for a couple weeks. It was recommended by a friend and I gave it a try. I've unofficially but consciously been avoiding watching the same stuff over and over on Netflix. Pleasantville and The Truman Show are great, but c'mon, kid. New movies won't make you break out in a rash. It proved to be a win with Begin Again. With Minions... not so much (even though Sandra Bullock is wonderful).

I really enjoyed Begin Again. The story felt magical and the songs really hooked me, especially Adam Levine's version of Lost Stars. (Keira Knightley also sings the song in the movie.) I keep listening to it. It's great on my iPod (because you know I threw $1.29 at iTunes about a second after the movie ended), but the live performance is even better:


I found out that the screenwriter is the same guy who wrote Once, which is another film I really enjoyed. I'll probably watch Begin Again, um, again. I'd probably have to watch it five times to catch up to my viewings of The Truman Show. It'll never catch up to how many times I've seen The Shawshank Redemption, though.

No comments: