Saturday, November 8, 2014

NWC Day 8: Peace

This post officially begins week two of a month-long writing challenge I'm doing with some friends. It's modeled after NaNoWriMo. Minus anything remotely resembling fiction. My mischievous nature makes me want to be an unreliable narrator, though.

---

Prompt #8: Talk about peace. What does it mean to you?

It's half of a Dostoevsky novel I've never read. It's a symbol that looks too much like a Mercedes emblem. It's a way a friend of mine signs off her emails. It's my apartment when things are quiet. It's how I feel when my bills are paid. It's the zen state I go into when I'm drawing. All of that said, it's not a word I use much or have much attachment to. Perhaps because I'm cynical about the ability to achieve world peace. Perhaps because it's hard to quiet my mind during peace-seeking times like yoga and meditation. I guess it's really just because the things I attach the most peace to -- my home and my income -- are both on rocky foundation. Once I move out of this apartment and secure more freelance income (or find a RealJob™), my butt will unclench and I might be able to revisit this post. Sans anger and/or nausea.

No comments: