Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Nicing a nonprofit

Think Kit Day 18: The Season for Nice

Nice someone! Whether it's a gift, a helping hand, moral support, or just doing something for someone else – write about what you did.

---

I finished my Christmas shopping last night (aside from stocking stuffers) and found out my purchase was going to benefit someone (besides the recipient). Woo! Uncommon Goods donated $1 to the nonprofit of my choice at the end of my transaction. I voted to support American Forests, which protects and restores forests around the world. By tweeting about it, UG afforded me a second $1 donation.

It's definitely the kind of action that will encourage future purchases from me, as well as support for all the nonprofits listed on Uncommon Goods' site (RAINN, Women for Women International, and City Harvest). It's pretty keen to get something nice for a family member and do a good deed at the same time.

No comments: