Monday, December 23, 2013

Dress it up

Think Kit, Day 23 (lifeline): Did you take any wardrobe risks this year? Did you follow a new trend? What item did you wear most?

---

It's not a risk in any way to say I bought new clothes, but I'm still getting used to wearing color. I dressed in lots of navy blue and black in the past and only began breaking out of my comfort zone when someone suggested I try jewel tones. It's hard for me to wear purple and not think I look like a grape, red and think I look like a pincushion, orange a pumpkin, etc., so I guess the risk is wearing color and being nice to myself at the same time. I can't lie; I'm not always successful, but I keep trying and I guess that's all that matters. My newest acquisitions are Christmas presents: long-sleeved t-shirts in a pale pink, a deep green, purple, and more. I also have a red ochre sweater I bought myself that will eventually come out of its package. Maybe later in the week when the weather starts acting like winter again and the temperature drops in the 20s.

No comments: