What do you want your life (or your kitchen, your job, your ____ ) to look like? Create your own inspiration board. Sketch it, collage it or do it your own way.
(Click to embiggen)
Despite my love for magazines, drawing, bulletin boards, and my tendency to pray at the altar of the almighty collage, I've never made a vision board. I purposely didn't look at anyone else's posts before I finished because I knew my brain would latch onto "You didn't do it right!" The above is a Wordle-inspired graphic I put together in Paint. (I know. I can't stop. I love it.) It represents what I want out of my life for the foreseeable future.
- Orange: My goals for future work. I started to type "JOB," but realized I prefer the broader term of work. The hope is that changing my language will keep me open to any employment opportunities that come my way. Work doesn't have to be packaged in a suit with 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. stamped everywhere, but if it is, I want there to be good coffee when I get there.
- Dark yellow: Pursuits related to being more courageous.
- Hot pink: Some qualities I seek in a future girlfriendpartnerwife.
- Slightly darker hot pink: Just some ways I want to be/remain in the coming year, including happy and secure. "Study" encompasses everything from my desire to continue learning to hanging out in public and people watching.
- Navy and lavender: Things I want to do or do more of. "Grow in faith and service" means, in part, pursuing a spiritual connection with others again. I haven't been part of a spiritual group for a long time and I'm craving connection.
- Lighter green: My interest in finally pursuing grad school.
- The other green: My hopes that my 22-year-old car will continue chugging for another year, and my getting-older kitties will continue hogging my bed space and freaking out when their food bowl is half-empty.
- Light pink: A couple things that are always good to seek out.
- Light blue: My apartment aspirations.
- Purple: My designs on finally acquiring some decent furniture.
- Brown: A connection between spending more time with my good friends, both in Indy and out of state. (ROAD TRIP!)